Thursday 18 March 2010

Welcome to Haltwhistle


I woke up to the sound of birds singing, hens clucking and a glimmer of sunshine through the window. Spring has arrived, and it feels good.

Then I remembered that today is a chemo day.

Bloody hell.

Another tray full of syringes.

A couple of days of feeling sick.

A week of feeling flat, looking washed out, watching crap TV and eating bran flakes.

But then I'll feel better again, and I'll enjoy the sunshine, the lambs, the daffodils...

...and I'll be half way.

If this was a cycle ride from Lands End to John O Groats, I'd be in bonny Haltwhistle!

Technorati Code: RBUSUZ93NF84

5 comments:

  1. Then ready to join the Angels! It only feels right when you're there with the rest of us. See you on the pitch soon Shents!
    Tishy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll drink to that Tishy...but maybe not just yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As your number 2 follower (that doesn't sound right!) I feel I should pass comment (there's a theme developing here!).
    Half way there girl, well done. I'm sure the warmer weather of spring and summer will help the recovery.
    Are you thinking od cycling form Lands End to John O Groats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Urmmmm.....NO!
    The only cycling I'll be doing in the future will be RE-cycling champagne bottles when all this is over. I'm sure I'll get a few more people to join me on that excursion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll get one on ice for you.

    ReplyDelete