Wednesday 10 February 2010

A Spot of Breakfast


Well the acne is just unbelievable now. I look like I've got 3rd degree burns on my face its so red, and it feels so hot and sore!

My GP has given me some good strong anti-biotics to try and clear it, but in the meantime, until that happens, I'm staying indoors with a NO ENTRY sign painted on the door.

The kids, meanwhile, are starting to learn a bit of tact.

'Your face is really spotty, mum.' said the 8 year old. 'But you shouldn't be embarrassed about it.'

The 6 year old just keeps studying me closely. I know that she's desperate to say - 'Oh my God, mum, your face looks bloomin awful. What a mess!' But thankfully she hasn't, and in fact, this morning - just as I was about to get out of bed, she appeared, with a tray. Balanced on the tray was a bowl of rice crispies, cheerios and a handful of raisins.

Breakfast in bed for the leper. What a treat, and what a gorgeous thing to do. I'm the luckiest leper in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment